Our not-for-profit organization, Scribble Me Silly is seeking a Planning and Organizational Development Manager funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant. The Planning and Organizational Development Manager is in charge of the administrative coordination and aiding the Board of Directors with various initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop project plan and oversee from conception and planning to implementation, including accountability, strategies, processes and resources
- Coordinate fundraising activities client and vendor/subcontractor organizations and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the charity
- Responsible for reports, tracking charts, checklist and project scheduling software for Scribble Me Silly programs
- Create accurate quotes and assist in budgetary controls, and place accurate and timely sales orders for programs supplies
- Develop implementation plans and methods for monitoring project progress, implement and utilize reporting and administrative forms
- Identify and resolve project issues with project leads
- Prepare project reports and briefs for board members (tracking program attendance, age of children etcetera to be submitted to assist with future grant submissions)
- Assist in interview, hiring and oversee training for volunteers
- Assist with social media engagement (website, Instagram, twitter)
- Shelter outreach
- Assist with grant research
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; Has a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- 1+ years of experience in administrative capacity preferred.
- Excellent communication abilities, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent research skills on the internet. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snap, and Google+ are just a few of the main social media networks that you should be familiar with.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
CONTRACT HOURS: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks CONTRACT RATE: $15.00 per hour
CONTRACT PERIOD: July 4, 2022 to August 26, 2022 (start date is flexible)
APPLY TO: email@example.com